Fondation Louis Vuitton on the outskirts of Paris, Nicolas Ghesquière presented a Spring collection for the French house that took us to the digital frontier. Find out throw this article the top 10 things you need to know about Louis Vuitton fashion show.
1. The runway in the Fondation Louis Vuitton was really extravagant and full of things happening from video screens, blank until the show began, with a references to the popular game Minecraft.
2. Michelle Williams, Alicia Vikander, Catherine Deneuve, Farida Khelfa,Xavier Dolan, Grimes, and Miranda Kerr sat front row.
3. Fernanda Ly opened the show in a pink moto jacket and leather skirt, with a tiara worn across her forehead.
4. Ghesquière favorites Liya Kebede and Marte Mei van Haaster also walked, alongside a cast of new models including Lina Hoss, Luisana Gonzalez, Teddy Quinlivan, Caroline Regan, and Hannah Elyse Burke.
5. A trend for Spring maybe will be the see-through fabrications but Ghesquière is putting his own spin on transparency with mesh tops structured to look like digital-age chain mail.
6. Ghesquière is known for his ability to cut what some call the perfect trousers. This season he put that skill to work on slim surf pants with exposed zippers.
7. For those who are anti-pants, Vuitton’s parade of pouf skirts might do the trick, especially when worn with the house’s new monogrammed leather jackets.
Photo courtesy of Louis Vuitton to Vogue
8. Many new bag shapes were introduced on the catwalk, including a top-handle steamer tote, a drawstring backpack, and this micro-size trunk with accentuated trim.
9. Among the many black lug-soled shoes on the runway was a chain-detailed pair of slingback mules which will surely feed fashion’s obsession for an exposed heel.
10. The beauty look at Louis Vuitton was all about individuality. Models wore their hair down with tiny braids or in their natural style, and there were several makeup looks on display, including this manga-esque play on a cat-eye.